- Massive leak reveals secret owners of £80bn held in Swiss bank
- Whistleblower leaked bank’s data to expose ‘immoral’ secrecy laws
- Clients included human trafficker and billionaire who ordered girlfriend’s murder
- Vatican-owned account used to spend €350m in allegedly fraudulent investment
- Scandal-hit Credit Suisse rejects allegations it may be ‘rogue bank’
A massive leak from one of the world’s biggest private banks, Credit Suisse, has exposed the hidden wealth of clients involved in torture, drug trafficking, money laundering, corruption and other serious crimes.
Details of accounts linked to 30,000 Credit Suisse clients all over the world are contained in the leak, which unmasks the beneficiaries of more than 100bn Swiss francs (£80bn)* held in one of Switzerland’s best-known financial institutions.